Online User Experience SpecialistPosition: Full-Time, Remote.
Red Wine & Blue is a national community of diverse suburban women working together to defeat extremism, one friend at a time (best explained by this Washington Post profile, ‘Blue’ suburban moms are mobilizing to counter conservatives and this NYT episode of “The Daily,” Why Suburban Women Changed Their Minds). We are seeking a full-time Online User Experience Specialist to join the Red Wine & Blue team and play a critical role in maintaining and enhancing the RWB website to support the growth and engagement of the RWB digital community.
Job Status: Regular – Full-time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Salary Level: 2
Amount of Travel Required: Occasional
Reports to: Head of Engagement
Positions Supervised: None
WHO YOU ARE: You are a technical virtuoso, but also understand the importance of the website in branding, engagement and acquisition. You understand that building and maintaining a website design that is functional, appealing and easy to navigate supports the overall efforts of the organization and drives our mission.
You are a technical wizard with a knack for understanding the bigger picture. You see the website as more than just code, but as a vital tool for branding, engagement, and growth. You get a rush from being the driving force behind our digital presence, ensuring that our website is not only technically flawless but also captivating, user-friendly, and aligned with our mission.
This role does not directly supervise any team members, reports to the Head of Engagement and is a full-time position that can be performed from anywhere in one of our 13 current operating states (FL, GA, IL, MI, NC, NJ, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA) and Washington, D.C. Occasional travel is required for in-person meetings and all-staff gatherings.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Develop and implement custom backend solutions when necessary to support website features and functionality
- Oversee day-to-day website operations, including content updates, user management, and overall site performance, and ensure the site is available and responsive to users at all times
- Collaborate state teams to implement website designs that align with the organization’s branding and user experience goals
- Continuously improve the website’s user experience by identifying areas for enhancement and implementing user-centric solutions and assist implementing updates and strategies aimed at optimizing conversion rates on the website
- Create intuitive and visually pleasing user interfaces that optimize engagement and interaction
- Ensure the smooth operation of web servers, troubleshoot server-related issues, and optimize server performance
- Integrate external systems and tools, such as EveryAction and ControlShift, to enhance website functionality and streamline data management
- Manage routine website maintenance and monitor and maintain the website’s uptime, ensuring it is available and responsive to users at all times
- Other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU’VE GOT:
- Inclusive – You can work effectively with people regardless of age, race, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, political background or job type.
- Flexible – You are comfortable navigating sometimes ambiguous work with competing priorities. You are nimble and can effectively shift focus when the need arises.
- Organized & Productive – You have the ability to radically prioritize tasks and plan your days to meet goals.
- Growth Mindset – You have the ability to fail fast and win fast because you know that we learn as much from failure as we do success. You are not afraid to take risks, think outside the box and give or receive feedback.
- Playfully Passionate: Your ability to get sh*t done is accompanied by your love for fun. You understand that we can do serious work without taking ourselves too seriously.
WHAT WE OFFER:
The salary for this position is $55,000-$60,000 and commensurate with related experience. We take pay equity seriously and work hard to ensure our team members are paid fairly regardless of their gender, race, or other demographic backgrounds. In addition to a competitive salary, we cover 75% of employee medical, dental, and vision insurance premiums. We are a mom-led, family-friendly organization that also covers a generous portion of dependent premiums and allows for a flexible work schedule. We provide paid vacation and sick leave and a generous holiday schedule including a one-week winter break. We strongly encourage women, people of color, people with disabilities, non-binary candidates, and LGBTQIA candidates to apply.
All Red Wine & Blue staff members work remotely, running virtual operations nationally and on the ground in five states. Candidates in one of our 13 current operation states (FL,GA, IL, MI, NC, NJ, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA) and Washington, D.C. are encouraged to apply. Organizing candidates must live within one of our target states – OH, MI, NC, PA, or VA.
APPLICATION: Interested candidates should submit their application below to apply. You’ll be asked to include a resume and cover letter describing specifically why you want to work at Red Wine & Blue (we’re unique – we want to know why you think you’d love it here. Have fun!)
Applications received by October 20, 2023 will be given preferential consideration. The final day to apply for this role is October 31. If you have questions regarding the posted position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Red Wine & Blue provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.