Graphic DesignerPosition: Full-Time, Remote.
Red Wine & Blue is a national community of diverse suburban women working together to defeat extremism, one friend at a time (best explained by this Washington Post profile, ‘Blue’ suburban moms are mobilizing to counter conservatives and this NYT episode of “The Daily,” Why Suburban Women Changed Their Minds). We are seeking a full-time Graphic Designer to help us digitally engage and educate our half a million members, highlight women organizing against extremism, and reach more suburban women.
Department: Comms & Media
Job Status: Regular – Full-time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Salary Level: 1
Amount of Travel Required: Occasional
Reports to: Head of Communications & Media
WHO YOU ARE: You are a talented and creative graphic designer who is a self-starter and passionate about bringing women together to make change. You’ll work across teams to design and produce content including social media graphics, collateral materials, merchandise, digital graphics and others to explain issues and lift up stories from women in communities across the country.
This role reports to the Head of Communications & Media and does not directly supervise any team members. It is a full-time position that can be performed from anywhere in one of 11 current operation states (FL, IL, MI, NC, NJ, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA) and Washington, D.C. Occasional travel is required for in-person meetings and all-staff gatherings.
Please submit a digital portfolio with your application materials.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Design visually engaging graphics and collateral, including but not limited to graphics for various social media platforms, merchandise, one-pagers, digital media, icons, slideshows and fact sheets
- Own the Red Wine & Blue branding concept and ensure consistency and appeal across all materials
- Provide strong, thoughtful collaboration and design guidance to state organizing teams to bring the vision of engaging graphical needs to life
- Generate creative ideas for visual content, particularly tied to rapid response, and make recommendations for how we can lift up stories on the ground and effectively explain the issues we work on for target audiences
- Manage multiple, simultaneous projects and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Work with design programs, including Canva, Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU’VE GOT:
- Education & Experience – Strong proficiency with Canva and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) is required. 3+ years of work experience in graphic design, and/or a related field. Knowledge in HTML and web design a plus.
- Attention to detail – You have an eagle eye for detail and are committed to quality, accuracy and consistency in your work and across all RWB branded content.
- Inclusive – You can work effectively with people regardless of age, race, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, political background or job type.
- Flexible – You are comfortable navigating sometimes ambiguous work with competing priorities. You are nimble and can effectively shift focus when the need arises.
- Organized & Productive – You have the ability to radically prioritize tasks and plan your days to meet goals.
- Growth Mindset – You have the ability to fail fast and win fast because you know that we learn as much from failure as we do success. You are not afraid to take risks, think outside the box and give or receive feedback.
- Playfully Passionate: Your ability to get sh*t done is accompanied by your love for fun. You understand that we can do serious work without taking ourselves too seriously.
WHAT WE OFFER: The salary range for this position is $50,000 – $55,000 and commensurate with related experience. We take pay equity seriously and work hard to ensure our team members are paid fairly regardless of their gender, race, or other demographic backgrounds. In addition to a competitive salary, we cover 75% of employee medical, dental, and vision insurance premiums. We are a mom-led, family-friendly organization that also covers a generous portion of dependent premiums and allows for a flexible work schedule. We provide paid vacation and sick leave and a generous holiday schedule including a one-week winter break. We strongly encourage women, people of color, people with disabilities, non-binary candidates, and LGBTQIA candidates to apply.
All Red Wine & Blue staff members work remotely, running virtual operations nationally and on the ground in five states. Candidates who currently reside in one of our 11 current operation states (FL, IL, MI, NC, NJ, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA) and Washington, D.C. are encouraged to apply.
APPLICATION: Interested candidates should submit their application below to apply. You’ll be asked to include a resume and cover letter describing specifically why you want to work at Red Wine & Blue (we’re unique – we want to know why you think you’d love it here. Have fun!) Please submit a digital portfolio with your application materials.
Applications received by September 29 will be given preferential consideration. If you have questions regarding the posted position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Red Wine & Blue provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.