MI Regional OrganizerPosition: Part-Time, Remote in michigan.
Red Wine & Blue is a national community of suburban women who believe in inclusivity, vulnerability, and courage (best explained by this NYT episode of “The Daily”: The Field: Why Suburban Women Changed Their Minds and ‘Blue’ suburban moms are mobilizing to counter conservatives). We use digital media and friend-to-friend organizing to fight disinformation and win campaigns in the most contested places in America. We are seeking part-time Regional Organizers to help us recruit, train, and manage suburban women volunteers for our relational organizing program.
Who we are looking for: A multitasking guru with strong interpersonal, communication and data skills who has vast networks in the suburbs of:
- Grand Rapids
- Metro Detroit (Novi/Northville/Plymouth area)
- Midland/Bay City
- Traverse City or Kalamazoo
What you’ll do:
- Recruiting suburban women volunteers to participate in our relational organizing program.
- Planning and scheduling recruitment events, house parties, virtual events and informational sessions.
- Training new volunteers on our relational organizing program and running ongoing strategy sessions to keep them updated and engaged.
- Tracking and recording relational contact data from volunteers and inputting data into our system.
- Maintaining relationships with volunteers and offering support when they have questions or need guidance.
- Managing our volunteer communication tool including monitoring chats, answering questions and posting important program information.
- Identifying and training volunteer leaders to assist with our relational organizing program.
- Assisting the RWB organizing team with national and statewide events.
- Sharing RWB digital content and events on your social media.
- Maintaining ongoing communication with the State and Deputy Program Directors and seeking out support when you hit obstacles.
What you’ve got:
- You’re the one your friends (and their friends) call or text or message on Facebook to find out what’s going on at school or in the community. You thrive at inspiring other women to get involved because you know how to make it feel social and fun.
- You understand how to connect on shared values with women who don’t consider themselves to be “political” or who may disagree with you on some issues. You believe in the power of relationships based on trust and excel at meeting people where they are, then helping them gradually move where you want them to go.
- You understand the power of personal relationships and want to encourage others to find their voice and understand their ability to influence their networks.
- You like talking to individuals one-on-one as well as talking to groups – you are a people person.
- You enjoy communicating on social media and love using communication tools and technology.
- You live for data – spreadsheets are your jam!
- You love building community among women to reach a common goal – and you are excited about finding ways to keep that community engaged and empowered.
- You are an ace at using your phone and laptop to communicate across multiple platforms for both work and socializing.
- You thrive at managing projects remotely.
- And above all, you have a passion for getting sh*t done!
Position: Part-Time (Approx. 20 hrs/week)
Compensation: $25/hour ¦ Location: Remote
We’re an equal opportunity employer, and we strongly encourage women, people of color, people with disabilities, non-binary candidates, and LGBTQIA candidates to apply.
Submit your application here to apply.
If you have questions regarding the posted position, please email email@example.com.