ResearcherPosition: Contracted, remote.
Red Wine & Blue is a national community of suburban women who believe in inclusivity, vulnerability, and courage (best explained by this NYT episode of “The Daily”: The Field: Why Suburban Women Changed Their Minds and ‘Blue’ suburban moms are mobilizing to counter conservatives). We use digital media and friend-to-friend organizing to fight disinformation and win campaigns in the most contested places in America. We are seeking a Researcher to help research, inform, and fact check our online content.
Who we are looking for:
A political junkie with excellent research and organizational skills.
What you’ll do:
- Research political issues, proposed legislation, voting records, etc.
- Keep up-to-date on key topics in our target states.
- Help identify forming narratives.
- Assist in social listening to help us respond quickly to trends and political narratives.
- Fact-check content before we publish on our website or social media channels.
- Help break down complex political issues.
What you’ve got:
- Experience conducting in-depth research
- A passion for politics.
- An understanding of the issues affecting suburban women.
- Excellent research skills with an understanding of credible sources.
- Great attention to detail and the ability to fact check information.
- An understanding of the current political environment, or at least the passion and interest to learn. Those without political experience are still encouraged to apply.
- Ability to adapt to change in a fast-moving environment and to work under pressure.
Position: Contracted through November Election, with possible extension
Compensation: $5,000 per month ¦ Location: Remote
We’re an equal opportunity employer, and we strongly encourage women, people of color, people with disabilities, non-binary candidates, and LGBTQIA candidates to apply.