Distributed Organizing Program DirectorPosition: Full-TimE, remote.
Red Wine & Blue is a national community of nearly half a million diverse suburban women working together to defeat right-wing extremism, one friend at a time (best explained by this NYT episode of “The Daily”: The Field: Why Suburban Women Changed Their Minds and ‘Blue’ suburban moms are mobilizing to counter conservatives). We are seeking a full-time Program Director to help us launch our new distributed organizing program and build a national network of grassroot leaders.
Who we are looking for:
An inspiring, enthusiastic organizer who wants to spend every day connecting, training, and empowering women across the country to band together against extremism.
What you’ll do:
- Help RWB develop a distributive organizing program that builds a powerful national network of suburban grassroots groups.
- Plan and implement recruitment strategies to encourage women to join this network and establish local grassroots organizations in their communities.
- Develop onboarding for new distributive members and programming to help sustain their engagement.
- Manage day-to-day operations of the program including administering our ControlShift site, answering members’ questions and troubleshooting issues as they arise.
- Connect the women across our distributed community by planning virtual events and trainings where members learn from each other and are provided mentorship opportunities.
- Work with the organizing team in our focus states to help incorporate the distributed organizing program into their campaign plans.
- Identify “rock star” distributive members whom RWB can utilize for content creation, PR/media opportunities, events and other organizational needs.
- Coordinate across RWB teams to utilize the collective power of the distributive network when national rapid response moments arise.
What you’ve got:
- You are ready to rally, engage, and expand womens’ civic and political engagement in suburban areas across the country.
- You have prior distributed organizing experience (ideal!) and/or previous organizing experience in your local community or at the state/national level.
- You love meeting new people and you excel at getting them to do stuff — in fact, you’re never afraid to ask because you know people like to be empowered.
- You thrive at working remotely and are an ace at using your phone and laptop to communicate across multiple platforms.
- You dig social media and love online technology – you are ready and excited to help other people understand and successfully use digital tools.
- You have strong written communication skills and public speaking is your jam – you are always ready to lead a Zoom event and make it fun!
- You are good at dealing with all different types of personalities – your friends describe you as patient, kind and approachable.
- You thrive in fast-paced environments, take change in stride and have strong organizational skills.
- You have previous management/team building experience (from any sector).
- Use of the ControlShift platform is a bonus!
Salary: $72,000 + competitive benefits package covering 75% of employee medical, dental, and vision insurance premiums. We are a mom-led, family-friendly organization that also covers 50% of dependent premiums and allows for a flexible work schedule. We provide a generous paid time off policy with paid vacation, sick leave, personal days, and at least 10 paid federal holidays, including Juneteenth.
Location: All 42 RWB staff work remotely, running virtual operations nationally and on the ground in four states, so we have a preference for OH, MI, PA, or NC, but we’re not a stickler on that.
We strongly encourage women, people of color, people with disabilities, non-binary candidates, and LGBTQIA candidates to apply.
Application: Submit your application here to apply. You’ll be asked to include a resume and cover letter describing specifically why you want to work at Red Wine & Blue (we’re unique – we want to know why you think you’d love it here!)
Applications received by March 31, 2023 will be given preferential consideration. The final day to apply for this role is April 7. If you have questions regarding the posted position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.