Head of DataPosition: Full-TimE, remote.
Red Wine & Blue is a national community of nearly half a million diverse suburban women working together to defeat right-wing extremism, one friend at a time (best explained by this NYT episode of “The Daily”: The Field: Why Suburban Women Changed Their Minds and ‘Blue’ suburban moms are mobilizing to counter conservatives). We are seeking a full-time Head of Data to build and lead our data team, manage our data infrastructure, and help us make data and analytics relevant, understandable, and accessible across the organization.
Who we are looking for:
The ultimate team player and self-starter who loves getting into the weeds of political data as much as they love translating it to empower organizers, communicators, and volunteers.
What you’ll do:
- Manage a two-person data team responsible for making sure everyone across the organization, from leadership to regional organizers, has access to the data and analysis they need to make data-informed decisions, set goals, and establish metrics
- Design and direct infrastructure of data across RWB platforms
- Maintain all operations of our CRM database (EveryAction) – from day-to-day needs to long term infrastructure planning and execution
- Lead ongoing reporting and analysis of member, voter contact, and digital ad data to inform targeting and program evaluation
- Develop data and analytics dashboards to provide visibility across the organization on progress to goals
- Advise leadership in developing data-informed plans, answering questions and supporting the CEO in development of strategic plans and proposals
- Lead voter file management, including relationships with data directors at state America Votes tables
- Develop and continuously improve training for staff on our CRM database (EveryAction) that conveys technical information in ways that are understandable and empowering for staff with little data expertise
- Manage data and program evaluation vendors, such as TargetSmart, as well as data related to digital tools, including ControlShift, Strive, and Rally
What you’ve got:
- A real knack for translating data and technical information into plain English
- Customer service mindset: Open, responsive, and ready to help
- At least two election cycles working in the political data space (using the voter file, performing tasks in Every Action, working with state America Votes tables), with at least one cycle of management experience
- Knowledge and working experience using SQL
- Advanced Google Sheets or Excel skills
- Experience with mapping tools (QGIS, Maptitute), data visualization tools (Tableau, Periscope, Google Data Studio, etc), or analysis tools (R, Python)
- Experience with grassroots advocacy & ballot initiatives (preferred)
Salary: $85,000 + competitive benefits package covering 75% of employee medical, dental, and vision insurance premiums. We are a mom-led, family-friendly organization that also covers 50% of dependent premiums and allows for a flexible work schedule. We provide a generous paid time off policy with paid vacation, sick leave, personal days, and at least 10 paid federal holidays, including Juneteenth.
Location: All 42 RWB staff work remotely, running virtual operations nationally and on the ground in four states, so we have a preference for OH, MI, PA, or NC, but we’re not a stickler on that.
We strongly encourage women, people of color, people with disabilities, non-binary candidates, and LGBTQIA candidates to apply.
Application: Submit your application here to apply. You’ll be asked to include a resume and cover letter describing specifically why you want to work at Red Wine & Blue (we’re unique – we want to know why you think you’d love it here!)
Applications received by March 31, 2023 will be given preferential consideration. The final day to apply for this role is April 7. If you have questions regarding the posted position, please email email@example.com.