Ohio Repro Ballot Field OrganizersContracted Position: remote
Red Wine & Blue is a national community of diverse suburban women working together to defeat extremism and change the world for the better, one friend at a time (best explained by this NYT episode of “The Daily,” Why Suburban Women Changed Their Minds and this Washington Post profile, ‘Blue’ suburban moms are mobilizing to counter conservatives). We are seeking a Repro Ballot Field Organizers to help us engage Ohio women, expand our networks, and encourage organizing in suburban communities ahead of our signature collection deadline on June 30th.
Who we are looking for: Someone who is passionate about reproductive freedom. A multitasking guru with strong interpersonal, communication and data skills who has vast networks in the suburbs. Preferable to reside in the following counties, but not required: Hamilton, Clermont, Butler, or Warren County.
What you’ll be doing:
- Assisting the Red Wine and Blue organizing team campaign to collect 100,000 signatures for the reproductive rights ballot initiative in Ohio
- Training volunteers on signature collection
- Working with lead volunteers in your area to ensure the success of the volunteer signature campaign
- Planning and scheduling in-person signing events, including coordinating with local volunteers
- Assembling petition packages for our volunteers to collect the supplies needed to hold successful signing events
- Building and maintaining relationships with volunteers to keep them engaged
- Identifying and supporting any virtual Ohio reproductive rights educational and engagement events
- Participating in content creation including videos and social media posts, in our Facebook group
- Being available for potential interviews with media outlets
- Building relationships with grassroots groups in the state, to expand our reach for the ballot initiative efforts and future elections
- Helping maintain state Facebook group and sharing RWB digital content and events on your personal social media
- Maintaining ongoing communication with the State and Deputy Program Directors and seeking out support when you hit obstacles
What you’ve got:
- You love building community among women to reach a common goal
- You understand how to connect on shared values with women who don’t consider themselves to be “political”
- You understand the power of personal relationships and want to encourage others to find their voice
- You like talking to individuals one-on-one as well as talking to groups
- You enjoy communicating on social media and love using communication and digital tools.
- You are efficient at using Google products (drive, sheets, docs, gmail) and excited to learn to use other technology for data and communication (EveryAction, Monday.com).
- You are willing to put yourself out there whether it is speaking in public, creating videos, reaching out to potential volunteers, or talking with the media
- You thrive at managing projects with a remote team across the state and working in person with volunteers
- You have reliable transportation (that will enable you pickup and drop off petitions with volunteers)
- You have reliable access to wifi, a computer, and a phone
- Flexible schedule – this position will require working nontraditional hours
- And above all, you have a passion to enshrine reproductive rights for Ohioans and to get sh*t done!
Contract: $3,000/month for approximately 30 hours of work each week through June 30, 2023
Location: Remote (with in-person travel to signing events across the state)
We strongly encourage women, people of color, people with disabilities, non-binary candidates, and LGBTQIA candidates to apply.
Application: Submit your application here to apply. You’ll be asked to include a resume and cover letter describing specifically why you want to work with us on this repro ballot initiative.
We are looking to fill these two openings as soon as possible, and applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. If you have questions, please reach out to Jen Perez at email@example.com